• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Slimline Corian Pens

Jim

Grand Master
I have not done any Corian pens for a while so thought today will be spent on doing a couple .. Both on a Black Satin Slimline Pen, micromeshed and polished with Meguiars Scratch X .. After seeing the final results i just may change the red and white barrel from the bottom pen to a standard white like the top one ..

slimline_corian_pen.jpg

corian_slimline_pen.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
The bottom on the second doesn't match the top but you could make 2 very nice pens if you seperate them Jim. Both lovely made and finished though.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice Jim agree on the second one but both halves are salvageable well done Jim boy yes bloody well done dont get me going again on this segmenting lark please I want to make one with the brick effect but I have to many other things I want to do so I cant well that's my excuse plus I aint got no corrian thats another excuse LOL

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Jim the top one is beaut the bottom one I agree with your sentiments love the tapering effect in your turning and the bright tones,colours used with the presentation in the top pen.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Both great pens Jim but as you say I think the bottom one is a little sparse in the segmenting. Plain white would look good on that one and really stand out..

Apart from that top quality finish and high standard of workmanship there..:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).