• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Rectangular platter turned from Hyedua

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I picked up a piece of Hyedua from John Boddy's last week and today I turned this rectangular platter.
Measurements are 10in x 7in . Finished in acrylic sanding sealer and micricrystalline wax.

Attachments

• DSCN0202.JPG
    DSCN0202.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0203.JPG
    DSCN0203.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0206.JPG
    DSCN0206.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 56

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
We might make a turner of you yet, Mr Chairman Sir!

:winking:

Do I spot a slight bit of turning roughness top left in the first photo? Wouldn't usually comment but a master like you demands a better class of critique ...:frenchkiss:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Terry I am thinking Japanese craftsman with your masterpiece, very delicate mate, liking the different timbers the forum are being shown worked so well. Judging by the base detail your entry in the monthly competition should be one to look for.

Peter.:claps::camera:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Terry I am thinking Japanese craftsman with your masterpiece, very delicate mate, liking the different timbers the forum are being shown worked so well. Judging by the base detail your entry in the monthly competition should be one to look for.

Peter.:claps::camera:

Cheers Peter. I have been thinking of doing a pen for the competition but I haven't got around to it yet !!!!:thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
She loves it David and she is trying to find a nice place to put it. She'll be moving things around for the next couple of weeks until she is happy that every item is in the correct place !!!!:ciggrin:

Beware! It's not unheard of for a wife to demand an entire new home to better show off a doorknob! (Don't tell Jackie I said that ...)

:rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).