• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A new Pen stand idea

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Waste not want not I cut the corners of some square bowl blanks this morning and hit on this idea a quick wis on the belt sander drill an 8.5mm hole for the Jn gents job done it will get a polish latter I'm well chuffed at last a use for all those corners that go in the scrap bin
DSCF2322.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Set a clock in it and cut a slot for business cards letters etc.
Sorted init?
I am surprised it took you so long to catch on to that one dad where ya bin aye. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Set a clock in it and cut a slot for business cards letters etc.
Sorted init?
I am surprised it took you so long to catch on to that one dad where ya bin aye. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Getting slow in me old age LOL I kept it simple so they could be given away with the pen just stick another few quid on

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Good idea Woody. When you drill the holes, do make them tapered or just straight sided?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Good idea Woody. When you drill the holes, do make them tapered or just straight sided?

I have only made a few for the Jn gents so they are straight sided 8.5mm holes for others I will probably tapper the hole

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).