• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

pallet bowl

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Combination of two of my loves. The pallet had a 5 horsepower compressor on it from the day job. Lots of prep went into the boardsand went with paduak for the base and accent colour to try and visually widen the rim. Finished with microcrystalline wax after a good sand and burnish wuth the shavings.

Attachments

• IMG_20140317_200648.jpg
    IMG_20140317_200648.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20140316_130123.jpg
    IMG_20140316_130123.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 56

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Love the bowl Brody my toilet lid bowl I'm doing will be a very similar shape

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
An absolute cracker Brody, you come up with some great ideas and follow them through with some exceptional results. What with Woody with the bog seat, you with your pallet, where are we going next? :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Brody you reminded me of my wood group one yr for our annual exhibition chose an item of furniture from one pallet the results were incredible some pallets to house glass brought in from Europe used exotic timbers, SWMBO and me spent a few months using such long lengths of Baltic pine making a flash long back verandah / porch for our daughters house.

Your bowl demonstrates how to use common neglected sources of beaut timber mate it is indeed a thing of beauty and a joy to see.

Peter.

Jim

Grand Master
Stunning Brody, it is marvelous what you can do with some old scrap.. Would you mind if i dropped the war office off at your place, see what you can do my friend .. :thumbs:

Between you and me of course .. :pray:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Stunning Brody, it is marvelous what you can do with some old scrap.. Would you mind if i dropped the war office off at your place, see what you can do my friend .. :thumbs:

Between you and me of course .. :pray:
cheers Jim. Anytime mate :wink:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Oh stop it you lot, if my head gets any bigger I won't be able to get out of the house to go to work :funny::face:
But on a more serious note thanks to all who comment positive and negative, its all good:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).