• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Oldies!

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
No not you lot! (Alex excepted):funny:

Here are some pieces I have posted before, on the Institute forum.
I know you don't all go over there, so I thought you might like to see them.
Apologies if you have seen them before.
DSCN0099_360x480.jpg

DSCN0103_640x480.jpg

DSCN0105_640x480.jpg

DSCN0109_360x480.jpg

DSCN0117_360x480.jpg

DSCN0276_640x480.jpg

DSCN0300_640x480.jpg

DSCN0302_640x480.jpg

Just a few different from the norm.

Last edited:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I love them all Neil, so original. What at the last two made from?

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Steven, I see you go on to the site, though I'm sure I will never have to moderate you! such a nice man!
Paul, the last 2 pics are a bowl made from a 1/2 tin of casting resin that a teacher left the top off.
No hardener was added, but I found it a year later, solid as a rock! Cut it out of the tin and turned it!
The outside was textured with a burr in the Dremel

Last edited:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Steven, I see you go on to the site, though I'm sure I will never have to moderate you! such a nice man!
Paul, the last 2 pics are a bowl made from a 1/2 tin of casting resin that a teacher left the top off.
No hardener was added, but I found it a year later, solid as a rock! Cut it out of the tin and turned it!
The outside was textured with a burr in the Dremel

Thats brilliant Neil, you are very resourceful indeed.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks for all your comments guys.
I do like to play with recycled bits, now and again.
Neil

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Rather nice and very original, Neil. Pray tell, what is the Institute forum?

Wrong Neil, but I'll spill the beans, www.woodworkersinstitute.com. Basically its a site set up by the GMC (Guild of Master Craftsmen), publishers of , amongst others, Woodturning Magazine. There are several separate forums covering turning, cabinet work etc Post your piccies here and they could end up in Woodturning magazine. Some of the stuff posted there is a bit arty, and there are a few known names who post there as well. Have a look see! There is a lot of other useful stuff on there as well.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).