• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lemon Squeezer

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi all and HELP. Anyone got any drawings or ideas on making a lemon squeezer. I'm getting earache from her indoors 'cos I haven't done it yet!!:nooidea::nooidea:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
image.jpg

The turning bit of it seem straightforward, Dave. You might have some fun with the ridges though! I would mount a Dremel or a router with a V bit on the banjo, but I'm sure you'll get some other/better suggestions! An indexing wheel on the headstock spindle sure would help!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I like the challenge issued and the solution given so far choices in timber and methods will vary but I have never seen one like David showed us love it in every way. At our age in our situation the old wrists take a battering using something like this and the handwringing days lik Jamie Oliver and ilk are over as well. When we had our six kids raising them we used to but two cases of oranges a week so a small electric plastic cone juicer with a small footprint was our answer.

A cause of great comment in our house for ever was buying the groceries etc dont you know with five kids under eight one time etc etc for fifteen yrs I did the major shopping weekly after work in just over half an hour bull dust I hear you say well this is how I acheived it. On my way to work I slipped our list under the door of the new supermarket they would place in boxes and put the cold stuff in a fridge for me (they loved doing this cause they did it in a convenient time to suit themselves) come knock off time for me I would drive to the rear of the grocery provider they would assist in about ten minutes it would be in the boot short way to the butcher 1/2 sheep cut up my specs ten mins, Fruit and veg guy all from the car park at the back 2 cases of oranges, 1/2 case of bananas, few pineapple etc (we formed a great friendship and he priced right down loved my no fuss approach then off home I learned that cash speaks volumes. Juicing so many oranges called for a different solution.

Sorry to digress have fun however you solve your SWMBO honeydos. I have had some wonderful challenges for 59 yrs so far.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
View attachment 5286

The turning bit of it seem straightforward, Dave. You might have some fun with the ridges though! I would mount a Dremel or a router with a V bit on the banjo, but I'm sure you'll get some other/better suggestions! An indexing wheel on the headstock spindle sure would help!

That looks great David, you couldn't give me some key sizes like main diameter and length of the juicer could you please?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).