• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Retirement

smoker

First Name
Steve
This retirement lark is OK just come in from workshop to make a brew made six pens, sun streaming through window and Count Basie on CD player. What could be better, Bliss.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Good init I have been retired for 22 years retired early at 50 and Im not fed up with it LOL

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I can't begin to imagine being at home all day, every day with the wife :noway1:

Apparently nor can she, or so I've just been told :blahblahblah:

smoker

First Name
Steve
Sure is woody, theirs more to life than work i'm glad i don't need it any more.
I spend more time in workshop than in the house, turning and making "stuff".
Until my little swampduck beckons me to do something indoors.

Steve

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
What is retirement? I will have to ask my granddad, come on Woody, what is it? . :face:

Just googled it

Retirement is the point where a person stops employment completely. A person may also semi-retire by reducing work hours.

Well I can now look forward to it, the stopping work completely bit, but just be informed by Gold that isn't going happen.. Think she has other ideas..:sob:

Apparently everyone in the uk has a standard retirement age..... Just found out I have to go another 13years to go.:sob:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
True retirement is when you stop doing what other people want you to do and start doing what you want to do and get paid for it the only problem you have to get sorted is your kids they seem to be under the impression that you have suddenly got all this time on your hands to do what they want you to do they need to be trained its the other way round they do what you want done

Paleo

I myself retired at 44 yr.'s young.I've actually enjoyed my lifestyle with my wife .All fun and whatever we want to do .I've come to a conclusion,i work harder now then ever ,But it's all Hobby Stuff.As far as my Girl's ,they are married and doing there own thing .Im alway's family before anything else.Priority of my family is most important to me.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I think another 2 years will do me then its full time workshop - I hope. Oh and it will be Rod Stewart

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Well, I qualified for my state pension yesterday, (didn't tell you lot 'cos I don't like fuss:wink:). How did I spend it? - Slating the roof of my sons new extension.

I look forward to retirement but think it will probably happen the day I kick the bucket:sob: Still I think I have this weekend off:banana:

Bob

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have not even had my first job yet but i am only 17 :banana::banana::banana::banana:

At 17 yrs I had been working for two years after 5 yrs high school, was into my apprenticeship as a sparkie just met my wife delayed my national service for two years or rather the Army did as was their policy the war in Korea, a young Queen Elizabeth etc.

Spent 6 mths living away from home in Sydney in the big smoke learnt so many things about life.

Peter.:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I was about 9 years old when I started working on a farm and got paid for it as much as 5/- some weeks

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Retired bashed around by the then trend to ignore fellas my age 62 1/2 the official recognised retirement age was on the ascendancy someone asked my how long it took me to become adjusted (5 mins). The adjustment for SWMBO took longer she felt her freedom was being restricted I sensed that took care of it life has been exciting as well ever since. Enjoy.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).