• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

cupcake box

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
The wife loves to bake cakes and sometimes gets roped into making cupcakes for various ladies get togethers, so as I was standing in the kitchen wondering what to do this came to mind.
It's a box made from a particularly stubborn piece of ash. Mixed some red spirit stain with some liming wax to try and mimic icing.
Inspiration comes from some funny places at times.

Attachments

• IMG_20140320_060155.jpg
    IMG_20140320_060155.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 57

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hey Brody were you an artist in a former life?
Or is it the pills you're on ?
Whatever it is mate can you spare a few inspirations cos they keep coming from you and they ain't arf good init?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Hey Brody were you an artist in a former life?
Or is it the pills you're on ?
Whatever it is mate can you spare a few inspirations cos they keep coming from you and they ain't arf good init?
Hey mate, its the pills. I get them from this lovely chap who for some reason only likes to meet at night on an industrial estate :idontknow::roflmao:
I can send some via "special" courier mate :funny:

cheers

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Don't you give yourself an headache you have got to be bordering on insanity but I love keep em coming get that bloody parrot of my shoulder I'm off now got to take me pills I hope there the same as yours LOL:thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Good enough to eat mate I can place the feelings leading up to the making just been through a baking experience in my place witnessed the pressure applied and accepted I also get the overs so whos complaining. Just showed it to her indoors who agrees its aq ripper mate.

Peter.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
yet another original from Brody. Great stuff, keep it coming.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Don't you give yourself an headache you have got to be bordering on insanity but I love keep em coming get that bloody parrot of my shoulder I'm off now got to take me pills I hope there the same as yours LOL:thumbs::thumbs:
LOL, cheers mate. The wife says my brain is like a Sherlock style mind pallace. More like a bloody sanitarium !!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Many thanks as always sir

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Good enough to eat mate I can place the feelings leading up to the making just been through a baking experience in my place witnessed the pressure applied and accepted I also get the overs so whos complaining. Just showed it to her indoors who agrees its aq ripper mate.

Peter.
thanks Peter,
I get to do the "quality control" on baking day too mate. What a great job:wink:

Jim

Grand Master
Well, I have stood in the kitchen many times and never came up with anything like this my friend .. Looks super Brody with great colours .. :bwink:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Well, I have stood in the kitchen many times and never came up with anything like this my friend .. Looks super Brody with great colours .. :bwink:
Thanks jim. I'm thinking of starting some themed pieces, as doing this has sparked another chain of thought. Oh God!! Cheers mate:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).