• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Plain bowl

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
My favourite type of bowl plain and simple.

I think that I needed to keep this form simple as the grain says it all. Turned from Spalted Beech and is 10" diameter and I have gone back to my first finishes I started using when I began turning and that is sealer, burnished and then canuba wax.

I could not make my mind up about the chucking point so left it in as the base is quite wide I think in this case it breaks the foot up.

Attachments

• DSCF2815.jpg
    DSCF2815.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF2814.jpg
    DSCF2814.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 46

Jim

Grand Master
Tis a great looking bowl, lovely pattern to it Derek, very nice indeed .. :bwink:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Derek mate, that is a lovely bit of turning. The perfect shape for that gorgeous piece of wood. Top notch!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Wowie Derek when I read simple bowl I though WHAT will top that it is a credit to you seeing and turning so well. Love that stable base rocking bowls are not popular with the home dept and can lead to losses, minimal bases make good displays on upright stands Im a believer in more go than show.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).