• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

spalted white elm box

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Another offering from the shed of marmite:wink: finished off the finial this morning, textured, painted black and then added some jo sonia iridescent blue to highlight the curve. Didn't want to make a conventional finial for this one, as the box itself is tall enough, and partly because I'm anything but conventional, so the doctor tells me anyway :banana::banana::lmao:

cheers

brody

Attachments

• IMG_20140321_185651.jpg
    IMG_20140321_185651.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20140321_185840.jpg
    IMG_20140321_185840.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 45

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Bugger I have had a very similar design for a finial but with twigs and string wizzing around in my head love it well done Brody

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You certainly are adding some spice here Brody. I hate Marmite, but love your creations and this one too.

Jim

Grand Master
You know Brody, the finial is a great choice my friend so well done on that .. The box is far from Marmite in my eyes, very nice indeed .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When I was up to my face in Drs and Nurses on friday last one of the solicitous girls (there were five total one nurse and four Doctors she was the nurse) had spent some time in Wisconsin well while the knockout 9 ft needles were attempting to put the mouth to sleep I told her about the Woodturner from Famousland who visited our fair city forever ago just as he completed a vessel his little blond daughter tripped past he cut off a lock of her hair and glued it into the vessel being highly influenced by the American Indians in those Parts of the USA.

When I look at your work I hear him again in my mind explaining things his arty way such as you with the dye and moon shaping top of the pink one. Happy memories thanks mate. His the other turners name escapes me but the memory lingers.:thumbs:

Peter.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Bugger I have had a very similar design for a finial but with twigs and string wizzing around in my head love it well done Brody
Ha ha. I've had this shape in the sanitarium for a bit now, It's Mark Sangers fault again !!
Cheers mate:winking:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
When I was up to my face in Drs and Nurses on friday last one of the solicitous girls (there were five total one nurse and four Doctors she was the nurse) had spent some time in Wisconsin well while the knockout 9 ft needles were attempting to put the mouth to sleep I told her about the Woodturner from Famousland who visited our fair city forever ago just as he completed a vessel his little blond daughter tripped past he cut off a lock of her hair and glued it into the vessel being highly influenced by the American Indians in those Parts of the USA.

When I look at your work I hear him again in my mind explaining things his arty way such as you with the dye and moon shaping top of the pink one. Happy memories thanks mate. His the other turners name escapes me but the memory lingers.:thumbs:

Peter.
As always Peter, many thanks for your comments. My head is now officially too big to get out of the house :funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).