• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Trustone Wild Horse Jasper Sedona

johnny5

Registered
Here is my first attempt at trustone, Drilled OK and did not bunt the chisels too much
All went well till i was assembling the buggar, the bloody thing cracked at the base and a piece fell out,
Managed to glue it back on and add some ca glue and dust from turning the pen. but will need a bit of polishing to make it look ok
[/ATTACH]DSCF2160.JPGDSCF2161.JPG

johnny5

Registered
I bet the air went blue when that happened . I've had a few happen to me !!! Lovely pen nevertheless.
There were a few expletives Terry !!!!!!!! :sob:
The repair is good but will try and sand it and polish it a bit more tomorrow to make it a bit more presentable .

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A shame that happened but you made a good recovery and its a lovely pen.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Great looking pen and blank. Its always the way if anything is going to happen it is right near the end

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Nice looker that one. Yep it's a bugger when that happens and even though you repair it you still keep looking at the repair and say that's not good enough..

Nice to see you have caught woody on the cap section as well, this time it looks like he has got a cigarette end in his gob while turning..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 15

Jim

Grand Master
That is tough Johnny, great looking pen though my friend and a beautiful blank Sir.. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A pen is a pen when we look at it we dont see the crack nor hunt for it when repaired we all have one or more that we keep aside for our own reasons, colour , fit, shape etc. Your pen had plenty of blank to work with and looks just fine Johnny.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).