• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fiserman's Priest

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
As brought up by Neil in another post. I made a fisherman's priest just a decorative one.

Made from odd scraps of wood I had laying about like Beech,Chestnut and Sapele the length is about 10". I have owned a Robert Sorby Texturing and spiraling tool since about 2010 and never seemed to get a half decent spiral from it, well I did get one when I decided to have a go again. The two red rings are beech which I stained.

Attachments

• Fisherman.jpg
    Fisherman.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 44
  • fisherman 2.jpg
    fisherman 2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 43
  • fisherman 3.jpg
    fisherman 3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 43

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Now that is different and a lot of work and thought has been put into it excellent

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
That's really nice!

I doubt any trout you bash on the bonce with it will be appreciative however:wink:

Bob

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Fascinated by the design, I have one of those devices that defy description when they go wrong and take off this time you won hands down all features displayed so well. You should romp in a pen for this months competion with the scrolls etc.

Too good to use in the stream mate as you rightly have said one for display on the shelf.

Peter.:thumbs::rolling::love_it:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you all. This was the first time that I managed to get the spiralling tool too work correctly, I now know where I was going wrong before so another thing learnt

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A lovely piece of work with a great deal of thought going into it. I like this a lot and I bet so would a lot of fishermen.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).