• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Chainsaw log holder

alisboy

Hi everybody

Here a couple of pictures of a chainsaw log holder i have just made and tried this week. I saw a video clip on u tube of a guy? in the USA a while ago who had just used the the top 4 pieces to cut logs (my pictures) and i added the legs to suit my leg probs. The only thing missing from pictures is the strap i use to hold logs when they get shorter. The top frame is made from 4x4 and 3x3 and approx 14" high which keeps the saw away from the paving, but will change both to 4x4 next week.

Have been looking in at the forum just about everyday but only been in shed a couple of times since just before Christmas and will start again to make piles of shavings next week. (her indoors has bought me a life jacket with a beacon on it just in case i get lost in them)

Comments as usual
Ernie

Attachments

• chainsaw bench.JPG
    chainsaw bench.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 90
  • chainsaw bench2.JPG
    chainsaw bench2.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 90

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Trying to work out how it is actually used Ernie ... any chance of a photo with a log in situ ready to be cut ?

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Well you put the log across the top and slide the two stablizing bits in to stop the log rolling about id say.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Ernie your wife has a sense of humour no less I gave my wife a ball of string to help her find her way in her Quilt room she had over 300 up to huge quilts etc in there it remained the family joke for some yrs.

With your log stand the simplest is two crossed ends timber between easier to pick up or shift adapted from what they used in older times to handcut logs with a crosscut saw. Any flimsyness can be responsible for a gash lets know how it went for you the natural hold from a vee end is great.

Have fun Peter.

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
002 (640x427).jpg
This is the set up I use for holding logs when I use the chainsaw, it was something I found on the net.

Robin

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).