• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi to you all from sunny Bolton, Lancashire

ericofpendom

Apprentice Member
Hi Folks,

New to this forum but some of you might know me from IAP. Have been turning pens for a couple of years now and started making my own blanks last year.
Not been doing any turning over the winter months as it is just too cold to stand in the garage and SWMBO doesn't like the smell of the resin in the house. Hoping to start casting again in a few weeks when it gets warmer (there's optimism).

Eric...

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Allo Eric, and welcome to what is a very friendly and interesting forum. Looking forward to seeing your wares sir. I admire your optimism with regards to the weather also..... :wink:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hi & welcome Eric:waver:

I'm the opposite, in the workshop all autumn & winter & on the veg plot spring & summer :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum Eric. I like what you've shown so far, lets see some more.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Eric
Welcome and a big hello from Northumberland.
Loads of help and advice from the guys (and galls) on here - enjoy.

If you want to put a stop to the missus moaning about the whiff just get her to do a load of CA polishing and she'll soon lose all sense of smell.:wink:

Bob

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome lots of confessed IAP and other forum members however the return posts here will exceed others, this from over here in glorious autumn.

Peter.:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Eric and welcome a little tip to be a bit insane can be of help on this forum and by golly you will soon find out if you are a plonker there are a few of them on here we have to humour them and I'm not kidding you make one small mistake and that will be your lot they will be dragging you into the hall of plonker quick smart seen some of your blanks well imprest

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).