• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A few of my own cast blanks

ericofpendom

Apprentice Member
Here are a few pens completed using my own castings...

This is a chrome JR Gent from Timberbits. I even went to the trouble of creating the top button and centre band from the blank.
DSCF6957.jpg

This is one of my Braided Tinned Copper Wire blanks an a Sierra from Timberbits. I also do these in carbon fibre.
DSCF6558.jpg

This is a selection of Stylus ended Slimlines using my own castings.
DSCF7228.jpg

A pair of Sierra's, one using Zebrano and the other using a commercial acrylic. Both materials have been sliced and then segmented with each slice rotated to give the mosaic effect.
2 mosaic sierras.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope you like them. Any comments welcome.

Eric...

ericofpendom

Apprentice Member
Hi Brody,
Thanks for the comment.
I have a 25ltr pressure pot that I use for most of my casting. I use polyester resin and cast in 22mm plastic tube so that the blanks come out about 18.5mm x 140mm. When casting the braided ones I don't use the pressure pot.
I also cast bigger blanks for bottle stoppers.

Eric...

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
They are all lovely Eric, all of them. I especially like the first one and would like to see some more pictures of that to show off the cb and top. Have you ever had a go at making a blank with feathers?

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
As above Eric ..nice stuff there ...do you do them commercially or just for your own use ?

ericofpendom

Apprentice Member
Thanks again folks for the comments. Paul, I have never tried feather blanks but I have seen them. Unfortunately I have no clearer pictures of the cb and top of the pen in the pic as it was sent to USA as a swap.
Ed, I have a website for my blanks but not sure if I can post it on here yet as I am a new member. Search for resinpenblanks in google and you should find me.

Eric...

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Snakes Alive Eric what a blast from your first pen to the last you sure have a handle on this casting business mate too many to comment on off in a hurry lovethem all. Peter.:thumbs::rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).