• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

From serious turning to just pure fun.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
From serious turning to just pure fun.

Well have been a bit busy in the garden trying to prepare for the summer. Anyway the Great grand son come over as he does on a Saturday and asks "Can I help make something" well we spent 3 hours in the shed and garden making a toy for him followed by some planting seed.

I for one felt great that he wanted to make something with me.

He enjoyed every minute as well as me. Does that make it all worth while. By the way he is only six so most of the work I had to do which for him was OK as he is very sensible for his age and to make a point of it I had left the hose to the vacuum across the workshop and connected to my pillar drill press on seeing this he says "Grand dad should we move that so we do not trip over"

So now I can see that every Saturday is going to be make toy day.

So anyway this is what transpired he is mad on Star wars especially Darth Maul so he just had to make his light sabre with me.
It had to be simple for speed of making. This had been left with me so it could properly dry over night

Attachments

• DSCF2983.jpg
    DSCF2983.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF2985.jpg
    DSCF2985.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 67

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you both

Lovely bit of innovation Derek. You will have made one little person very happy. BTW what is it made of !!!!:thumbs:

It is made from a piece of 1" dowel and the bits for the grip are turned from chestnut, the red and black are acrylic paints with a little gold guilt for highlights all sealed with acrylic spray varnish

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well the force is with you Derek, thats a great job and its so nice that a young one is there to teach you :funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Its great making stuff with the grandchildren moments to bee treasured forever enjoy and make the most of them

Jim

Grand Master
Love to see it when the kids get involved, nice little toy you have knocked up together Derek ... :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Glad to see you having fun in the best way Derek we only have one granddaughter we share experiences with from our brood of 47 plus GC and GGC she is the only one living here in Canberra. She is joined at the hip with her GMother they go to movies together etc she comes with us every Sunday afternoon and any excuse she can find. Your combined staff almost looks too good to heft sincerely love the care in finish looks right royal mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).