• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ash bowl finished at last

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
If you remember I turned this Ash bowl a few weeks ago it is one of the logs our Terry gave me but was to wet to finish oiling so today i denibed the whole thing and gave it the last coat of oil it is 14" wide x 3 1/2" finished with rustins Teak oil
DSCF2393.JPGDSCF2394.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Tomorrow dad looking forward to seeing you both.
We can't get in Premier inn till 2 o'clock so will be pestering you beforehand init?

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
That looks like a nice bowl, has it moved a bit or is it just camera flash shine? Did well to keep the edge on, did you need any glue?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That looks like a nice bowl, has it moved a bit or is it just camera flash shine? Did well to keep the edge on, did you need any glue?

Hi Goulss yes it did move and it developed a small crack which was my own fault I brung it indoors to oil it when it was to cold in the workshop and left it indoors over night I should have taken it back out to the workshop the bark was very solid and I applied thin super glue on both sides on the line were it joined the wood as I always do to make sure it stays there

Jim

Grand Master
It sure has put some life into that grain Woody, it does look good my friend .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).