• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Vicmarc VL600

Jim

Grand Master
Glenn Lucas has posted a picture of the new Vicmarc VL600 that will be going into production shortly ..

He stated ...

They have the castings for a number of machines in stock and are making up the components at present. No idea of price but not going to be cheap. It has a gearbox and 5hp motor..

Wouldn't mind one of these, or do you think it may be a little big for pen making ... :whistling:

vicmarc_vl600.jpg

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
The photos of this lathe done the rounds on different forums couple years ago, And one of Vicmarc dealers i Aust said then it would probably cost about $10,000.
I had a phone call from Marco, (the Marc in Vicmarc) about 6.30am couple of weeks ago about couple things I wanted for my Vicky.I ask him about the VL600 and he said they have been developing it in their spare time which is why it has taken so to come on to the market.

Great to see an Aussie manufacturing company so busy. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
The photos of this lathe done the rounds on different forums couple years ago, And one of Vicmarc dealers i Aust said then it would probably cost about $10,000.
I had a phone call from Marco, (the Marc in Vicmarc) about 6.30am couple of weeks ago about couple things I wanted for my Vicky.I ask him about the VL600 and he said they have been developing it in their spare time which is why it has taken so to come on to the market.

Great to see an Aussie manufacturing company so busy. :thumbs:

Obviously "Spare Time" means they have to much money, so not really that bothered about progress ... :devil:

Jim

Grand Master
30k for a lathe, at that price it isn't a hobby

Totally agree Alan, maybe this is the reason after two years it is still not on the market? I can't see many of these in the hobbyist back garden shed. :down:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).