• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

franken-compressor

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
This is my home made air compressor. Its cobbled together from good bits from refrigeration units I've saved from the scrapper. Built a frame to mount it all on, added a pressure switch, and although the receiver isn't very big it's virtually silent and holds enough air for clearing out turnings etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20140327_183009.jpg
    IMG_20140327_183009.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 76

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
You only need some thunder and a flash of lightening ..and it should fire up ......:thumbs:

naxie

Registered
Thats brilliant!

How large is the tank and how long does it take to fill?

I have a little 8 litre compressor, which is great but the neighbours two streets away can hear it.:concern:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The mad professor strikes again dose it sine & dance LOL
I must say that is impressive Brody I wouldn't mind betting it was one of your ancestors who invented the wheel

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I built one similar in my workshop because it was almost silent, two fridge motors mounted on a preexisting compressor 150 ltr tank.
Took about 15 - 20 minutes to initial charge but by the time the tea had brewed it was ready to go and maintained full pressure all under light to reasonable use.
Good luck, very innovative I hope yours serves as well as mine did and still has its place in another shop init?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Thats brilliant!

How large is the tank and how long does it take to fill?

I have a little 8 litre compressor, which is great but the neighbours two streets away can hear it.:concern:

Thats why I built this mate. Ive got a 20 litre conventional piston compressor, but as you say you can hear them miles away. This is a 1hp cap start comp from a freezer coldroom so its got some balls, the tank itself is about 6 litres and its full in about 30 seconds if that.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
The mad professor strikes again dose it sine & dance LOL
I must say that is impressive Brody I wouldn't mind betting it was one of your ancestors who invented the wheel

LOL, if thats true, some people owe me quite a substantial amount of money!! I'm writing to the BBC, I want to be on the next series of who do you think you are !!! :funny: :funny:

thanks as always mate:thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Steampunk compressor Brody what next mate wandering through your workshop must be exciting every step a story.

Peter.
Too true mate!! :funny: my shed is currently full of scraps of paper with ideas ive had, looks like the demented ramblings of a madman!! :funny:
cheers Peter

Jim

Grand Master
It sure is hard to keep up with you Brody, i mean brain wise of course .. :thumbs: I like anything that does me a job .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats very good Brody... it'll probably be a table lamp next week :funny:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Alex, why not take this piccie along to your elf & safety thing tomorrow - I bet your lecturer swallows his false teeth when he sees it ...

:devil::devil:

I like the idea of it being almost silent - mine leads to silence because it's deafening ...

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).