• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

alluminium slimline desk pen take2

trapper

Registered
I've remade the slimline desk pen so it uses standard cross refills. Also the "center barrell" is now a sleeve that fits over the upper and lower inner shell which incorporates the end cap and grip sections. Im working on a clip so that it can be either a pocket or desk pen.

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 33

trapper

Registered
I'm intending to launch this design as a new kit if I can persuade marksman to make up the front and rear sections all nice and shiny. I've finally sorted out the brass tubes needed to Kitify the design leaving the center section sleeve to be turned up in whatever material....... even Polymer lol......... The beauty of the design is that you could even sell a gift box fo the ladies with various center sleeves to match their infinite shoes and handbags. I need the sections productionised as simply they take too much time doing them individualy in aluminium
So Guys tell me is anyone interested in such a kit?

trapper

Registered
Point taken Guys as they say watch this space I'm in the workshop today rather than admin based so hopefully can do some prototyping and some pictures.

trapper

Registered
Ok Guys, I've been slaveing over two hot lathes today and will post a new thread with my efforts based on cross mechanism and refill using the "sleeve" idea. the pen i'll post is made entirely of brass rod and tube

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).