• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

yew bowl

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
First one of the day. Yew, my favorite native timber. Just a simple shape and let the wood do the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_20140331_004019.jpg
    IMG_20140331_004019.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20140331_004108.jpg
    IMG_20140331_004108.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 29

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Love it Brody that is one mighty fine bit of turning my friend I have one with almost the same hole in the side but I took mine down thinner so the hole goes right through and the bit people like the best is the bloody hole and Violet wont let me sell it

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
There's a hole in me bucket dear Liza.
I am not sure I can see what it is from these pics, sorry mate it looks like a partially turned bowl waiting to dry.
Is it?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
There's a hole in me bucket dear Liza.
I am not sure I can see what it is from these pics, sorry mate it looks like a partially turned bowl waiting to dry.
Is it?
Nah mate, its a finished one, it's only a shallow one. Not much use really, but then again, not much of my stuff is :lmao:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Chunky mate got to have made at least one of those every now and then, there is a spot where it will belong and be admired.

Peter.:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Its half a bowling ball isn't it? Nice piece of wood and well turned Brody.

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
I like it, very nice catenary curve on it really looks good, though like Woody I might have had to turn to the inclusion, probably blown it apart as well:banana::banana:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).