• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

box from another world

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Aaaaaand number 3. A piece of sycamore so dry it could have turnedoto:lmao: dust right there on the lathe. Filled the worst bits with ca, then on with some very delicate work with the angle grinder.
Management, ( the wife ) said " thats interesting did it come from outer space" or words to that effect anyway....

Attachments

• IMG_20140331_220913.jpg
    IMG_20140331_220913.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 55

Jim

Grand Master
Well i went back to this 3 times while writing up this posts Brody, and i still don't know what to say about it other than I like it and can see this in some kind of sci-fi movie .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I opened this post with fear and trembling I was half expecting to see an alien come out of it at any moment I think it is amazing the way the two different concepts come together the square decorated base and the smooth dome and finial to me it is perfect in every sense of the word but you still have to be insane LOL I would love to spend a day in the workshop with you

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I opened this post with fear and trembling I was half expecting to see an alien come out of it at any moment I think it is amazing the way the two different concepts come together the square decorated base and the smooth dome and finial to me it is perfect in every sense of the word but you still have to be insane LOL I would love to spend a day in the workshop with you

No No No Woody your daft enough as it is without spending a day with Brody !!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Brody, log on to the institute website and post it there. I think it's really good, and please don't touch the finial, there's a great contrast between the finesse of it and the lunar landscape that surrounds the command module!

Controversy is great for debate and this deserves wider viewing. Www.woodworkersinstitute.com

Last edited:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Brody, log on to the institute website and post it there. I think it's really good, and please don't touch the finial, there's a great contrast between the finesse of it and the lunar landscape that surrounds the command module!

Controversy is great for debate and this deserves wider viewing. Www.woodworkersinstitute.com
Really? Thank you very much for your comment mate, I will pop it on :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).