• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Not wood

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A streamline kit dressed in acrylic, not a great shape but made for a young invalid girl who has trouble holding a thin pen

Attachments

• fat.jpg
    fat.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 51

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
In that case Paul it is a beautiful pen made with a wonderful intention Im sure she will love it and that is what its all about well done Doc

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody covered my thoughts to a tee adding thats really satisfying when a special pen can help someone in need. Is your pond full yet?

Peter.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Woody covered my thoughts to a tee adding thats really satisfying when a special pen can help someone in need. Is your pond full yet?

Peter.

The pond is nearly full Peter, I think this time tomorrow it should be full. I'm hoping that I won't suffer from New Pond Syndrome where there isn't enough bacteria in the pond and filters to deal with the Ammonia and Nitrites that the fish produce causing them all sorts of problems. I won't feed them for a few weeks so that hopefully the bacteria will have time to build again. Unfortunately the chlorine kills the bacteria but I don't have any choice, I'm pumping as much water over the waterfall as I can and as much air in as I can to try and evaporate it and that's as much as I can possibly do.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Now lets have some truth in this thread, it's a bloody awful looking pen and no way would you have made it like that under normal circumstances.
Even worse by the fact it's plastic and I am sure you would prefer wood judging by your previous work, which I know has been so much better than this.
On to the very honourable reason why its a crap pen.
As our resident surgeon general you have made your prognosis and diagnosed that this should be the correct shape for the patients hand, manufactured the remedy and will shortly administer treatment.
For that you have my respect and undying admiration but as for the pen!!!!!!!
MAKE IT GO AWAY DAD

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Now lets have some truth in this thread, it's a bloody awful looking pen and no way would you have made it like that under normal circumstances.
Even worse by the fact it's plastic and I am sure you would prefer wood judging by your previous work, which I know has been so much better than this.
As our resident surgeon general you have made your prognosis and diagnosed that this should be the correct shape for the patients hand, manufactured the remedy and will shortly administer treatment.
MAKE IT GO AWAY DAD

You are sooooo right Brian. A plastic pen and an awful shape but fit for purpose that will hopefully put a smile on her face and make her life easier.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
What Woody and everyone else has said :winking:
The shape may not be aesthetically pleasing, but it is made for the right reasons.
That makes it a winner in anybody's book :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The pond is nearly full Peter, I think this time tomorrow it should be full. I'm hoping that I won't suffer from New Pond Syndrome where there isn't enough bacteria in the pond and filters to deal with the Ammonia and Nitrites that the fish produce causing them all sorts of problems. I won't feed them for a few weeks so that hopefully the bacteria will have time to build again. Unfortunately the chlorine kills the bacteria but I don't have any choice, I'm pumping as much water over the waterfall as I can and as much air in as I can to try and evaporate it and that's as much as I can possibly do.

Lots of work in a pond mate trust you come through this lot Ironic yesterday my pond level dropped a foot I built it dug it that is with the help of my son when he was 14 now 50,s and because I had three concrete pours had a contractor do the pour for the pool next morning no time to instal a drain so I might have to call it a day and go out of fish. I tried numerous pond seals none worked for long. I find the floating pellets great food for Kois.

Peter.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Lots of work in a pond mate trust you come through this lot Ironic yesterday my pond level dropped a foot I built it dug it that is with the help of my son when he was 14 now 50,s and because I had three concrete pours had a contractor do the pour for the pool next morning no time to instal a drain so I might have to call it a day and go out of fish. I tried numerous pond seals none worked for long. I find the floating pellets great food for Kois.

Peter.

The pond is now full again and the fish all seem OK. They're still asking for food which is a good sign but calling me all sorts of names because I don't give them any. All the pumps are now running a loads of air.

I always feed floating food Peter otherwise they'd just sit on the bottom waiting for it.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
MAKE IT GO AWAY DAD

I'll go along with almost all of that Brian, and add that it has the aesthetic beauty of Hattie Jacques wearing a thong.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).