• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

colt pen drills

trapper

Registered
I find them excellent.... only problem is that they are in a limited set of sizes or at least from axminster. If your doing kitless pens and cutting your own threads i doubt that the sizes will always match requirements. They certainly cut cleanly and clear waste efficiently

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I have the 7mm one for almost 18 months now and never been resharpened yet. They go thru acrylics like butter. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
They are very good Alex, i use 1000rpm on Acrylics and 800 on woods when using these. I also bought the 10mm thinking it was ok for Sierra pens, but it is a tad to small ... :goesred:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
thats slightly too small.......... in my experience....... still need to run a 10.5 through to clean up the hole.

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
thats slightly too small.......... in my experience....... still need to run a 10.5 through to clean up the hole.

or i may be thinking about the Gents jr lid bit.............. hell...... i cant remember and its too late on a sunday night for clear thought.. lol

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
My colts drills arrived by the postman this morning and just tried them and i have no idea how i coped with out them before now also the 27/64 work perfectly for the sierra

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Baron = 15/32" 9.50 and 25/64" 7.99

Which baron kit are you using Jim. The timberbits baron is 10mm, 11.9mm

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).