• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Chrome Sedona in Crimson Tide Polygem

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I started this pen a while back but cracked the pen section on assembly. I was going to pick some more blanks from Turners Retreat last Saturday at the Wood turning show but they did not have any on display. My old mate Woody kindly helped me out and I finished today. While at the show I picked up a desk and light magnifier which is excellent so hopefully cracking blanks on assembly will be kept to a minimum. Thanks for your help Granddad !!!

Attachments

• DSCN0222.JPG
    DSCN0222.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0223.JPG
    DSCN0223.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 43

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
You have got the hang of that camera now mate, lovely pictures ain't they.
You're not expecting me to comment on the pen are you?
I won't disappoint you.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
The Sedona is a lovely kit Terry and that blank, the way your turned and finished it make it a fantastic pen.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yes not bad for an old un you seem to be getting the hang of this turning lark and produced one bloody gorgeous pen Pop

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
That's a really nice pen Terry :thumbs:
And I'm glad to see it isn't just us beginners who have issues occasionally:tongue:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Is there a crack in the lid section Terry? or was that what you were referring to?

Like the blank & the Kit, I`ll have to get some ordered up.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).