• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First 5 pens

arcos

Apprentice Member
Hi all

Not been turning for very long and decided to have a crack at some pens...

The stand is a piece of olive wood from the farm with a few holes drilled in it.

Attachments

• 9988_418641808231546_852026072_n.jpg
    9988_418641808231546_852026072_n.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 27

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Very nice pens, with good shape........

Judging by the fact youve put shape in to your first pens, i would guess youve read up up on it somehow, as most people turn a classic shape to begin with?

arcos

Apprentice Member
Thanks for the comments guys...

I have looked a number of pens and pen videos over the past few weeks.

The 'Classic' shape is always nice and, before turning these, would have been my preference but now, I feel that the shape is far more comfortable to write with!

Woods used are...

Maple(?), Olive, Walnut(?), Oak and Acacia. The Acacia comes from my own farm!

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Not a bad effort for your 1st attempt Arcos, some nice shapes but there is a little room for improvement. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to Penturners arcos, as i have said, great start to pen turning, i hope you get the bug lol ... :ciggrin:

arcos

Apprentice Member
Thanks for your comments!

Yes definitely room for improvement but I think I may have the bug! :thumbs:

Jumping ship? No, no... Just wanting to lern as much as possible!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).