• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A couple of Apex pens.

Yorkie

First one is waterfall figured Bubinga. Second is Alaskan yellow Cedar burl. Both are CA finish.

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 82

Yorkie

Very nice,Love the second pen, the wood reminds me of Huon pine.

I'll trade you a piece of Huon pine for Alaskan Yellow Cedar burl, if you'd like. Alaskan Yellow Cedar isn't terribly hard to find, but the burl is almost impossible, especially as figured as this.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

I'll trade you a piece of Huon pine for Alaskan Yellow Cedar burl, if you'd like. Alaskan Yellow Cedar isn't terribly hard to find, but the burl is almost impossible, especially as figured as this.

I have a couple bits of Huon pine, I will have a look for them if you don't hear any thing in a couple of days give me a kick up the arse.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

I have a couple bits of Huon pine, I will have a look for them if you don't hear any thing in a couple of days give me a kick up the arse.

:whistling:and Yorkie has not been on since October 2013:funny::funny::funny::funny:

Probably why I didn't get that kick in the Arse.:thinks::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice pair of pens you've made there, I like the kit as well :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Beware the sleeping giant Yorkie he was right to concentrate on the timber shame on you Mark I was waiting to see your pen made from that beautiful timber.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).