• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

coloured rim sycamore bowl

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Got home just in time to hit the shed after helping the wife put my lads to bed. Started turning this weeks ago, did the basic shape, then my mind went blank. At this point I know it's time to stop, take it off the lathe and wait.
Was looking a getting some new tiles for the bathroom, and saw a mosaic pattern I quite liked, then in popped the idea.
I used inlace and crushed stone on the rim, and a blue bead the same colour as the stone to try and break up the plain sycamore.

Attachments

• IMG_20140402_233540.jpg
    IMG_20140402_233540.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 53

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I like the bowl the rim but ain't sure about the eye staring me from the bottom.
Nice finish too.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
What a wonderful bowl I to am not sure about being watched the eye is I find very distracting it draws the eye to the middle and you lose concentration on the rest but thats just me mate but no one can deny the workmanship you have executed on it a very well pre portioned bowl

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
A great piece of turning, though unless the bead is covering up a hole in the bottom ( joke) then it doesn't add anything to what is a superb bowl!

naxie

Registered
I didn't get chance to comment last night, was barely awake.

I like it and I kinda like the bead also, I think it would look cool stood vertically more like an eye bowl. (Eye bowl, is that a new thing you've invented?)

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Cheers chaps, truth is I think I should have stayed away from the shed today. Not thinking straight:nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
To me the eye is the signature, well turned and shaped bowl Brody .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).