• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

multi material box

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Made a blank long ago, and this lid was originally on a box made frim the same blank. I cast offcut pen blanks in a 3 colour mixed resin, but alas the box split quite literally on the last scrape. :vangry: so the lid sat there waiting. Had one piece of the very dry spalted beech left, and as it was no good for a natural finish, I decided to try and make it look like stone, weather it worked or not is debatable, but, it's still better like this than 2 useless leftovers.:nooidea:

Attachments

• IMG_20140404_130258.jpg
    IMG_20140404_130258.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20140404_130436.jpg
    IMG_20140404_130436.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20140404_130402.jpg
    IMG_20140404_130402.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20140404_130335.jpg
    IMG_20140404_130335.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 71

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sorry mate you have gone toooooo Far this time, looks like an overflowing dustbin to me.
Back to the drawing board PLEASE.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
This is the sort of stuff with Brody's signature on it. Maybe not your best piece but if it there was a quiz of guess who made this, there wouldn't be anyone else I could think of. I like the top despite being plastic but am not sure about the bottom as it looks like a plastic bin in the photo.... but excellent enterprise nevertheless.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
That's the sort of thing that will be worth thousands when you've gone ... a class piece.

PS Stop using the coalshed roof as a background for your pics.:down:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well Brody I love it what a combination individually I would never have put them together but you have and to me it works yes I love it mate bloody well done

naxie

Registered
Wow, Brody man, I think I put the wrong mushrooms on my pizza! :whistling:

Its certainly very different, I like the lid alot, I like the base, not too sure about their togetherness. :imsorry:

Great work though, maybe experiment with a bit of material speed dating to find a more loving partner for the lid, you know not some stone bowl hussy that will be off with the next lid that comes along.

Now, back to my pizza.:bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Overall eye catching some impact mate especially for the ladies who do handiwork. Drum roll every time you show slow drums black cloth to fantastic rhythm.

Peter.:down::claps:

Jim

Grand Master
Interesting use of materials, shows some great skills and ingenuity, I like it!

Exactly this, you do things that scare us to death Brody, but this is why we are all different my friend ... :thumbs:

ericofpendom

Apprentice Member
Brody, the lid is fantastic, we all have the little leftovers from resin blanks and try to think of things to do with them. You have cracked it with this one.

Eric...

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).