• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Managed a little turning

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well I managed to get into the shed and do a little turning by making two boxes on stands

DSCF2874.jpg

DSCF2873.jpg

And the size

DSCF2876.jpg

And the second one

DSCF3020.jpg

DSCF3023.jpg

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Wow, that takes me back..:love_it: dad used to do some small hocus pocus boxes. They look brilliant. Never done any myself. But it is another one I need to chalk up to do...

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Wow, you certainly have done a little turning, they're lovely.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Glad you all like them. The first one I did I broke the stem as I got it down to just under the 1mm thickness. These are only turned using 1/4" spindle gouge and a 1/2" skew the worst part is trying to get things like the beads to look right at this scale. One day I am going to try a goblet with a captive ring, I think I will need to make a tool for that

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yes a nice little exercise well done reminds me of when Violet wanted we to build her a dolls house then she wanted bowls for the kitchen and plant-stands drove me crazy

Jim

Grand Master
Very smart indeed, my eyes wouldn't allow me to do such work .. Love em .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).