• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bamboozled!

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Had on of those poddle about days today.
Couldn't be bothered to do anything serious.

At the Midlands show, I noticed the chair maker had a tool caddy made from a very large piece of Bamboo.
It occurred that a smaller version might actually make a good pen box, so I had a little play.

bamboo_640x279.jpg

bamboo1_640x181.jpg

bamboo2_640x289.jpg

Pity about the bit of ragging on the top, and I thought I had some leather thong left, I didn't. Piece of old bootlace instead.

At least I came up with a use for a hollow bottle stop cork, no one I know would dream of leaving anything in an open bottle:funny:

Neil

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Very novel and good fun, I like but I don't see a need for the thong, I think I would prefer it without.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Very novel and good fun, I like but I don't see a need for the thong, I think I would prefer it without.

Just my take on an Inro box Brian.
As Goulss says, they were worn on the belt, and the top was captive, to avoid losing it.
Just a bit of fun really.
Will happily send it to someone with a Bamboo pen, if they Pm me the address, it will take a Streamline or Sierra.
Neil

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Just my take on an Inro box Brian.
As Goulss says, they were worn on the belt, and the top was captive, to avoid losing it.
Just a bit of fun really.
Will happily send it to someone with a Bamboo pen, if they Pm me the address, it will take a Streamline or Sierra.
Neil

I can understand the reason behind it and it works well, for a pen box I still think nicer without just my opinion. Neil.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Why send it to someone, go on you know you want to make a bamboo pen to go with it:funny:

Seriously a Great idea

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats very nice Neil, I like it a lot but I have two questions; 1. Why put something on it that you've had on yer bum and 2. Isn't leather a bit rough on yer bum :funny: :funny: :funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Oh Gawd.
Forgotten the special needs clause for this forum:face:
Read 1 to 4, rather than 4 to 1.:funny:
thong (thông, thŏng)
n.
1. A narrow strip, as of leather, used for binding or lashing.
2. A whip of plaited leather or cord.
3. A sandal held on the foot by a strip that fits between the first and second toes and is connected to a strap usually passing over the top or around the sides of the foot.
4. A garment for the lower body that exposes the buttocks, consisting of a narrow strip of fabric that passes between the thighs supported by a waistband.
[Middle English, from Old English thwong.]

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
That's really just like one of those little Japanese things they used to tie to their belts, the name escapes me!

Netsuke netsookay. Years ago we had a world famous Aussie girl a master maker of these come to our Wood Group from Victoria our southern state who told us how to spell and say the word hope I have done her justice. She has published extensively and visited Japan as an honoured artisan many times, memory blank but her name will come back it was twenty years ago.

Peter.:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neil, Love every aspect of your ingenuity and making its design perfect better by far than the brass inserted key ring things that shed 50 dollar notes when they separate.

Full marks Peter.:noway1::claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).