• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Decent photo of the Bairn

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
903543_305719512890673_275524565_o_zpsa6a22122.jpg

currently Scottish league champion u14

Sorry........ couldn't resist :devil:

Jim

Grand Master
Great to see Matty, if you can't be proud of your own Son, its time to give up .. :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
The wee man got a 2nd place in the International Championships in Ireland at the weekend........ Kata,this time... didn't place in the fighting, due to some poor judging... :ave_it::mad:

My other lad, was knocked out in the first round... shame, as he was on form too. (suspect judging decisions again).. but the club did very well over all.......

Jim

Grand Master
So you have three kids doing this Matty? What ages are they and are they following their Fathers footsteps with this sport? :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Just two children, 13 year old twins....... Both at a high level and both very serious.. My other lad, not pictured competes at a higher level, he grades for his black belt this year. Unfortunately his group are all bigger and more experienced, as he has just moved up a group.
But the lad winning at present, has only been doing it 4-5 years, he gave up representing Scotland for Gymnastics at a young age, because the coaching staff were a bunch of pricks.
So its their loss......... and they know it...
Its not my sport Jim.... I did a different discipline.. But I am happy that this is their chosen sport, and they excel at it... The coaching staff are unbelievably dedicated... 3-4 nights a week, and more.... and for that I'm grateful. :thumbs:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Well done to the biys mate, its good to hear that they enjoy doing this, as a youngen myself my discipline seemed to be housework, gardening and sent to bed early. :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).