• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Scrap Heap Challenge or "Fat Boy Slim"

trapper

Registered
Here is a pen i made up from spare parts based on 7mm tubes Euro style centre band and cap and slimline front section the tubes are of non standard length . The Cross mechanism carries a modified Cross refill. The body is turned from Spalted Yew and finished with acrylic resin.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 18
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 18

trapper

Registered
Fat boy Slim extra

Sorry had to modify this hopefully it shows the main "eye" feature of the grain

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 21

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
You know it does look odd. but some how it looks normal, hope that is understandable? :whistling: Maybe if the barrels were the other way round it wouldnt look out of place. :thumbs:

trapper

Registered
Much my thoughts kinda looks "top heavy" though in fact its very bmw....... equally balanced in engineering terms ...... wonder if it goes round corners well:lmao:

Jim

Grand Master
Now that is different Steve .. :devil: Great piece of imagination my friend ... :ciggrin:

trapper

Registered
well does anyone else use the ole' vision screen to assess a wood blank, you know sheet of 25mm x 150mm perspex (thats 1" x 5" for us mere "correct" mortals) look at it through the perspex, and decide will it work will it not, approach. ometimes a bit of timber can have many different apects when viewed in this manner......... mind you a glass or two of whisky often has the same result:rolling:

trapper

Registered
Ok here is a Colonial (americana) and a Euro and the um er Brit

I'd forgot I bought this Yew some two years ago seems it was a good idea to leave alone and rediscover....... might be to do with a lamb dinner over the weekend.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).