• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sapele bowl

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Another bit of free wood (thanks Terry) and what better way to spend a day off work. Does it get much better?

8 inch dia x 2 inch high (2 and a bit) friction polish finish.

SAM_3017a.JPG
SAM_3018a.JPG
SAM_3019a.JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You are on fire Phill go for it mate another well made bowl I think you will find this one is mahogany but none the less it is a beauty

naxie

Registered
Nice one Phill, I like the rim. :thumbs:

Whats this day off work thing you talk of? :thinks:

I get one on Friday for Yandles though, can't wait!:love_it:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Not my favourite of yours Phill, but if you like it then that's all that matters, keep up the good work :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Love the rim nice change like it all round using a small disk on a velcro held holder on a drill will eliminate the lines on the inside base quickly and easily. My old truism for me when I do things is you need to take off the muffler on your motor bike and go for a quick burn at least once to see if you really like it or not this applies turning bowls have a burn or before woodworking became an itch give it a burl mate.

Like seeing your making progress.

Peter.:thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Well done again Phil, I like it but to me it looks like it needs a lid to go on the rim.

Paul

Fellow
I like the fact that your playing with the rim. Unusual, interesting. Go for it, though I also looked for the lid. Thing is playing around is fun so I yeah the rim should be your most fun bit.

Probably fair to say that these bowls are flying out of your man cave and there all interesting and well consieved. Mind you I'm a complete amateur. But I like them!

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
It's good to experiment, and if that's the look of the rim you were after, then that is OK. Like the shape of the rest of the bowl as well.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).