• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Getting back on the horse, a salutary tale.......

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
Started turning this bowl 3 or 4 years ago, lost concentration for a second and it bit me! Almost lost 3 finger tips and was put off turning for 2 or 3 years, never even went into the shed, however as you know a while back I got brave and started again. Some of which you have seen and been kind about.

Well today was the day I tackled my nemesis, and have to say I am quite pleased with the result, about 8" x 5", and a stunning piece of wood (well I think so anyway)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Thats a beaut mate, well turned and beautifully finished. :thumbs::thumbs:
From the pictures, it looks like a special type of Australian wood :devil:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
The upside down bowl very nice indeed.
I can see why it hurt you if you were turning it on the ceiling.

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Think you missed Brody's pun about 'Australian ' wood, nevertheless, it looks a fine bit of turning and well done to you for not giving up!

:claps::claps::claps::claps::claps:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
That's very nice, you'll see one in a few minutes that bit me yesterday, not as bad as yours though thankfully.

Glad you're back on the horse mate !

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is one very nice upside down bowl or a good lamp shade LOL love it nice bit of burr elm

Jim

Grand Master
Good to see you get back on the horse Stewart and finish this beaut .. Very nice indeed sir .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A lovely piece of wood and nicely turned and finished Stewart. Can I see a few finger(marks) in it :funny: :funny: :funny:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Ain't got a clue what every one is chuntering on about re the upside down thing... all I can see is a cracking bowl :thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Bleeding thing (no pun intended) was right way up on my iPad when I posted it init!

The mystery that is technology mate! :wink: it's a truly beautiful bowl, and full credit to you for sticking with it and making it look as good as it does!!:bravo::bravo:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).