• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My last turnings

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well hopefully my last turnings on the old lathe as I will be going to Stile and Bates Saturday to buy a CL3 which should last me.

The first is a tea light made from Sapele and the second is a small hollow form from a Ash log

Attachments

• DSCF3096.jpg
    DSCF3096.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF3100.jpg
    DSCF3100.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF3103.jpg
    DSCF3103.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 52

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I did judder when I saw the title and thought hopefully not init?
Dunno why you wanna change lathes when you produce this one the existing one.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is a pair of lovely bowls there. Is a CL3 gonna make your stuff better? doubt it, you're already at A*

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Really nice, the ash looks to be vey thin, is it the same all over?

Peter

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Derek.
Up to your usual standard mate.
Love the Ash!
The old duffers on here, have obviously forgotten the excitement and expectation involved with a new piece of kit.:funny:
Hope you enjoy the CL3.
Looking forward to what you produce on it!

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you all.

The Ash piece is 1 to 1.5mm thick except the bottom you can shine a light through it, the dark marks in the wood and not holes. It was a case of some very careful removal of material and the shavings are so fine.
Even though the new lathe is no different in physical size the power is more and I will be able to do larger bowls.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).