• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

egg cups, my way

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Sorry for the naff pics, but these have to go in the house for the boss to do her bit. Was asked to do some easter egg cups for the family, so did it my way.
two turned off centre and left as they came off the lathe for a rustic look, one from spalted beech with an off centre stem from yew, and one from idigbo with some recycled all thread, nuts and washers.
First things I've turned for what seems to be an eternity !!!!!!!

Cheers folks

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_101855.jpg
    IMG_20140420_101855.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20140420_101928.jpg
    IMG_20140420_101928.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20140420_101955.jpg
    IMG_20140420_101955.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 51

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That's the Brody I have got to know unashamedly different well done mate love the innovation if I had seen the nut n bolt one on a display with no name on it I would have known it was yours you are one of a kind mate keep em coming

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
A unique set, I think the offset pair are especially superb and have made a mental note to put them on my list of things to make.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
I would pay to come and see your gallery Brody .. I m saving your images for when you make it big .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
My Hero, right up there with Skip rat and Sir Woody init?
Love it mister.
Don't the off centre ones tip over with egg in?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
That's the Brody I have got to know unashamedly different well done mate love the innovation if I had seen the nut n bolt one on a display with no name on it I would have known it was yours you are one of a kind mate keep em coming
Cheers mate, the nuts represent me very well don't you think??:banana: :banana: :funny:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
I would pay to come and see your gallery Brody .. I m saving your images for when you make it big .. :thumbs:

Just bring some tea bags round mate, that's my admission fee. :funny: As for making it big, One day, maybe, one day:pray:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
My Hero, right up there with Skip rat and Sir Woody init?
Love it mister.
Don't the off centre ones tip over with egg in?

Cheers Brian mate, that's praise indeed!! :thumbs:
I thought of the falling over thing, I added a washer inset into the bottom with a wood cap to conceal it, works a treat

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Well they are definitely different Brody, but we wouldn't expect any else from you :wink:
I definitely like the pair in the first picture :thumbs:
Still trying to make my mind up about the others :bwink:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
It seems like a long time since I seen the Sanity we lovingly refer to as Brody. Love em all!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).