• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

More workshop time today (part 1)

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Four pens made for my brother to take back to OZ Him and my sister in law plus her parents to keep them sweet 'cos we might want a barbie when we next visit.

Couple of acrylic slims and two matching bullets. The blue one is strange - has black patches in it. Thought it was the tube but not so!
1.jpg

Tried a different bullet I saw on the internet using 2 back to back shell cases and std parts. Dead easy and looks pretty decent. Would be better using a "rose " type nib (if that's what they're called but can't find any UK supplier.
2.jpg

A vertex kit in gunmetal / oak
vertex.jpg

Bob

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Nice work Bob. I hope you didn't get the kits from Timberbits in Australia otherwise they'll be the most travelled pens in the world !!!:devil:

Yep the slims plus other components came from Sydney and they're going back 'cos that's where my brother lives.
David was amused when I told him it was going to happen.

Bob

Jim

Grand Master
All good looking pens Bob, i like the double barreled pen, looks very tidy .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Bob. Genuine rounds have a copper jacket so a copper kit should do the colour you're looking for but not the shape. If you want to give it a go, I have some copper bullets which are lead filled and a bitch to drill and the size makes it also difficult for the tube but pm me your address and I'll send a few.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Very nice Bob. Genuine rounds have a copper jacket so a copper kit should do the colour you're looking for but not the shape. If you want to give it a go, I have some copper bullets which are lead filled and a bitch to drill and the size makes it also difficult for the tube but pm me your address and I'll send a few.

Much appreciated Paul, I'd love to have a go. will pm

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).