• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Brown Mallee burr bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I picked this Mallee burr up at our gathering last year it was as hard as nookers knocker but what a joy when the wood started to be exposed it has still got its natural edge and is 15" long x 8" wide x 2 1/2" high x 1/8" thick finished with 2 coats sanding sealer and paste wax then buffed when the wax dried
It had its bark on originally and as usual it was very spiky and spiteful under the bark and I have the scars to prove it the dark line running along the bottom is end of a crack in the wood and you can just see it on the under side

1.JPG2.JPGDSCF2544.JPGDSCF2546.JPGDSCF2547.JPGDSCF2549.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wow dad that was some task and it turned out beautiful init?
Love you dad, you is my favouritest turner in the whole wide world, and Stevenage.:kiss:

Jim

Grand Master
What a beauty Woody, the grain and veins in the wood are unbelievable.. Great shape and finish as usual my friend .. :thumbs:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Well that's just ................ fantasmagorical isn't it ?

Absolutely stunning mate.

Is that the piece that got "spirited" into the other shed before anyone noticed ? Except I noticed :funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well that's just ................ fantasmagorical isn't it ?

Absolutely stunning mate.

Is that the piece that got "spirited" into the other shed before anyone noticed ? Except I noticed :funny:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Violet may hear it cost a fortune :funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).