• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Vacuum Stabilizing Chamber

Jim

Grand Master
Got my mate working on this for me, thou not sure of what type of resin i should use? :nooidea:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
jim im trying to find a uk product to do the same thing , I've got the pump and making the chamber as soon as the shed is finnished.

Jim

Grand Master
Its trying to find someone in the UK Alex who can supply the Stabilizing Resin similar to his Juice ... :thinks:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
i am not sure what the stuff is really so it my be worth asking on the IAP :thinks:

trapper

Registered
My dad mae a pressure pot for stabilizing acrylics etc........ he made alot of control knobs for his control systems........ sadly he has passed on but I do have his journals he was soo methodical. I'll look it up as I'm sure he did a write up.:thinks: I do know he used and old pressure cooker and brass plumbing parts with a plexiglas viewing screen cut into the lid

Jim

Grand Master
To be honest Alex, i am not sure ... :goesred:

I will need to read up on what is used elsewhere ... Then i can compare with this ... :bwink:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
javascript:launch('./images/labels/woodjuice.pdf', 'Label', 800, 540) no its not the same but well found.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Well it was worth checking it might be worth posting on the international pen turners association fourm to see what they use

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I'm getting closer to the answer but it will be try and see its based on methacrylate monomers I'm lead to believe.

Jim

Grand Master
That is how it should be Frankie, nice and simple ... :bwink: I left a question on the Turn Tex website regarding his Juice, but not heard back from him ... :nooidea::

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).