• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

acetate tube pens

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Sent to me by Bob ( Lons) two Acetate tubes on slimline kits they were pre drilled but had to be opened up to 7mm one was fatter than the other so I made a blackwood C/B this is a very nice material to work with I still have one left but that one needs a slim 8mm tube kit thank you Bob they are lovely well pleased
DSCF2568.JPGDSCF2569.JPG

With an African blackwood C/B
DSCF2570.JPG DSCF2571.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I hope you had your extractor or a mask on dad that stuff is noxious init?
Look good for old fashioned plastic init?

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
A very nice couple, Woody! And I like the work you did with the centre band on the lower one - looks much nicer than the gold c/b.

Bob.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Lovely pens and very unusual blanks.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Crackers Woody, both look very well turned my friend .. :thumbs:

To be honest Jim there wasn't much turning to be done the first one only needed about .5mm removed and the second one I just shaper the ends and cleaned the tube up again about .5mm so easy and only took a few min to turn it took longer to make the centre band LOL

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Oooh, what a lovely pair matron! That patterning is quite lovely and they are turned to your usual standard grandad!
I couldn't agree more, pair of stunning pens..

But don't call him grandad,, he prefers to be know as Granddad.... He gets his grumpy pants on when anyone spells it wrong..:face:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no

But don't call him grandad,, he prefers to be know as Granddad.... He gets his grumpy pants on when anyone spells it wrong..:face:

Bloody right an all a distinguished title has to be treated with respect :face::face::whistling:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil

Arghhh, It is Grandad, not Grand-Dad. (try saying it!) Unless Woody is of Normandy descent, or American. it is Grandad!
Bloody Southerners! Even the OED only give "Granddad" as an alternative spelling to Grandad!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).