• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

kit refills

sharpy

Apprentice Member
First Name
matt
I've purchased the slimline pen kit from axminster and whilst the kits are of good quality, I find they don't write as well as the streamline kits from turners retreat. Can anyone recommend decent kits that write well or where I could purchase good quality refills. Thanks

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
the refills supplied are cheap and nasty and only half filled. I've found that it seems that some refills work straight away, others need teasing to work and a few are only fit for the bin. If you buy cheap refills then you will be buying the same as supplied in the kit. On the other hand if you buy genuine Cross refills, then you can pay up to £3.50 a refill so there's a bit of a quandary. Neil will probably have a better answer but I stick to selling the pens with cheap refills and if they come back complaining which very few do then I give them a Cross refill. I also promote them buying a refill for £3.00 at the time of purchase of a pen.

Pete B

Registered
Hi,

i change most refils for Schmidt if they are not Schmitt Ian Jeffrey is the wholesaler at schmidt pen refils or studio pens. If you google both.
You can buy refils including cross at wholesale price so long as you don't wish to retail them on ebay etc, its a stipulation.
I just think they are much better thats all.
I use it as a sales line as well as German and high quality.

Hope this helps

Pete

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I give away a spare refill with each pen sold and state clearly that replacements can be bought from stationers.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).