• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

pen blank sled for my bandsaw

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Made me a pen blank cutting sled for the bandsaw this arvo. Used some ally angle and cut a sliding section out to accommodate different tube sizes.
Only got the 7mm marked on the board so far, but its done a square accurate 90 degree cut.
All made from recycled bits and bobs, so all it cost was two cup of tea!! BARGAIN!! :funny:

Attachments

• IMG_20140426_185448.jpg
    IMG_20140426_185448.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20140426_185518.jpg
    IMG_20140426_185518.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20140426_185424.jpg
    IMG_20140426_185424.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20140426_185542.jpg
    IMG_20140426_185542.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 114

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Looks a neat idea ...wouldn't mind doing one of those when I upgrade from the toy bandsaw I have now.:funny:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Looks good Brody certainly would be worth copying. Thanks for showing !!!!

Looks a neat idea ...wouldn't mind doing one of those when I upgrade from the toy bandsaw I have now.:funny:

Cheers chaps. Trying to make the process more efficient, as I've decided to start selling the things I make. So had a change round in the shed, and am now making jigs etc to make life easier.
I must admit, my biggest flaw is lack of self confidence when it comes to selling, but sod it, I'm having a go as my job only gets more impossible by the week and I've always had a real love for woodwork. :pray:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Cheers chaps. Trying to make the process more efficient, as I've decided to start selling the things I make. So had a change round in the shed, and am now making jigs etc to make life easier.
I must admit, my biggest flaw is lack of self confidence when it comes to selling, but sod it, I'm having a go as my job only gets more impossible by the week and I've always had a real love for woodwork. :pray:

Go for it Brody and don't undercharge. When I have charged £50 for a pen nobody has ever quibbled !!!!

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Go for it Brody and don't undercharge. When I have charged £50 for a pen nobody has ever quibbled !!!!
£50 ? Would this be the right time to say that plans for the above jig are available for £35 special deal, this weekend only?????? :funny: :funny: :funny: ( just practicing my sales banter ) :funny:

Cheers Terry:wink:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I'll pinch that sled idea if you don't mind Brody.

Get your "significant other" (if you have one), to sell them. They usually have no reservations singing your praises in a way you wouldn't.

Bob

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
I'll pinch that sled idea if you don't mind Brody.

Get your "significant other" (if you have one), to sell them. They usually have no reservations singing your praises in a way you wouldn't.

Bob

Yeah Bob, pinch away mate:thumbs: Good idea about sending the wife out on the sell mate. Although this time, I'm not sending her out with the red light. That took some explaining at the police station!!:funny: :funny: :funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Yeah Bob, pinch away mate:thumbs: Good idea about sending the wife out on the sell mate. Although this time, I'm not sending her out with the red light. That took some explaining at the police station!!:funny: :funny: :funny:

Couldn't do that with mine. Wouldn't dare say that in her presence of course, couldn't afford what it would cost me!

Jim

Grand Master
Nice looking jig Brody, nice and simple .. :bwink: Go with the idea of selling your pens my friend, word of mouth is your best asset .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).