• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ornamental African blackwood bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I made this today just for the fun of it 8" long x 4" wide x 3" at the tallest point made from an African blackwood log finished with two coats sanding sealer and paste wax now I look like a coalman LOL
DSCF2589.JPGDSCF2590.JPGDSCF2600.JPGDSCF2601.JPGDSCF2598.JPG

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
:noway1: That's a beaut Sir Woody. Liking the blackwood thing you've got going on at the minute. Yet another stunner!!:claps::claps:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Very nice, African Blackwood is quite stunning.

Peter

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
That's another fabulous piece.

I just hope one day I can look at a piece of wood and see the same things you do.

Then all I'd need is the skills to execute them.

L200arg

Graduate Member
Stunning woody, must try something like that one day... But I like my fingers too much
I dont think there would be much of them left if I attempted one of these.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you kind sirs for your kind comments I Still have a few logs to go yet but I think I will have wait till some fresh inspiration comes a visiting

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats lovely Woody, one day I'll have to buck up and have a go at these exotic wood bowls.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Absolutely fantastic. Finish looks great. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

This is the second one like this that I have seen recently, I like turning things with ragged edges or square edges as it keeps you on your toes

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).