• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pearl Mica Colour Powder

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
How much do u use to make on blank

When you mix up the resin and mica, use a lolly pop stick and check the color by dipping then let it drip off. Add powder until you have what effect you require.
I usually start with the pictured amount then add a required.

P1020334.JPG

I hope this helps:thinks:

Chilprufe

Registered
First Name
David
I buy my mica from America and get it shipped here and its still cheaper than buying in the UK

Try these places :- Pearlex Mica Powders - 4 ounce 1 pound bulk - 48 awesome colors carbon black, pumpkin orange, salmon pink, pink gold, reflex violet, grey lavender, mink, sky blue, micro pearl, pearl white, macro pearl, red russet, super russet, super copper, brilian
Mica - The Conservatorie

018.jpg

The 4 oz tubs of pearl ex come from clay factory and the bags of mica come from the conservatorie, And the piddly little jars are what I can get in the UK

4oz tub from clayfactory = $13.95

100g bag from the conservatorie = $5-$14 depending on which mica

Both places ship to the UK without any probs, But i prefer using the clayfactory

its_virgil

Apprentice Member
First Name
Don
Many of us in the US who cast get mica powders from Coastal Scents which is website selling make up products of which mica is one. Here is the link to the mica powders: Coastal Scents: Mica Powder

Maybe you have a similar place in the UK. For small amounts, but costing more, mica is available from hobby stores here like Hobby Lobby and Michaels under the brand name PearlEx Powders.

George Watkins in the UK casts blanks and he uses some form of coloring. Maybe he uses powders and can help you with a source. George's website: box blanks

Good luck and Regards,
Don

Chilprufe

Registered
First Name
David
There are a couple of make-up supplies companies in the UK but the prices are just unbelievable compared to the prices in the US ... still cheaper shipping them from the US

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).