• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another newbie

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Hi greetings to one and all. I am new to this and am looking to get started the right way. Originally I fancied turning table legs but have since realised I would have done this once and not done again.. After researching and watching demonstrations I now know that I really fancy doing pens and bowls and when my experience levels are more advanced trinket boxes and whatever takes my fancy.. I am sure after taking a real read through the forums I will no doubt be full of questions, as I said want to get this right making sure I get the right equipment from the beginning and not waste money on unnecessary stuff..

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome, you'll find there's a few baldies in here already :funny:

You are in the right place to learn from some real masters of the art (I'm not one of them).

The only thing I'd say is that (wasting) spending money on stuff you don't need and will never use it all part of the fun !

Pull up a chair, get reading and then ask away, there really is a wealth of skill on this board and they are all happy to share.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi and welcome Baldy well you have come to the right place if you have questions lots of woodturning knowledge on this forum as well as a good measure of insanity you have now become a victim of turning addiction Happy turning and a sad bank manager is now your lot LOL

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome, do you have lathe already?

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi Baldy and welcome ask all the silly questions you can think of we all have at one time or another. Enjoy the hobby and the banter as well(which there will be plenty of)

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome Baldy, You will learn a lot here I am sure and you will have fun as well, Be careful tho I haven't been here long and look at the state I'm in :nooidea::sob::sob:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Baldy ...welcome . Get asking those stupid newbie questions a.s.a.p as their might be something you ask that I need to know the answer to but am too afraid to ask.:fart:

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
Hi Baldie Welcome!! Being a newbie myself and also folically challenged your in the right place, the guys and gals here are very friendly, full of great advice, very very talented and generous to a fault I have learnt so much in a really short time.
just ask

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Baldy, This forum is the font of all knowledge... probably and there are many on here who are willing to help anyone, in fact just about everyone. When starting out you will need the Grump/English dictionary but you will soon become fully conversant in grump.

Any questions you have, just ask and you'll be bombarded with answers :funny:

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Not yet. This is one of the pieces of advice I am looking for;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Sorry. . New to the tapatalk thingy.. not yet got a lathe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Welcome Baldy. Please take a straight jacket and joint the line on the left.:funny:
It is an addictive thing, but very rewarding and there are enough people on here who could answer pretty much any questions you have. Looking forward to seeing your progress mate.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).