• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Piccador Micro lathe

trapper

Registered
About two years ago I bought one of these on (fle)ebay as basically a basket set of bits and bobs, the guy who sold it to me was fantastic in that he even obtained some missing bits which he sent on too me without me even asking. This is a really petite jewellers item which I hope to restore simply as it's a lovely bit of british engineering. Does anyone know anything of the company Piccador Engineering, which I believe was originally in the Stoke area.

I know that the main pulley bearings need replacing but I'll build the thing up and post some pics as is as part of an assessment of whats good bad or downright ugly...... sure am glad no mirrors here.

I'm hoping I can use this eventually to machine silver for finnial caps and centre bands etc.
I would be most grateful of any guidance and information anyone may have

Jim

Grand Master
Any pictures Steve ... :ciggrin:

That's a good link for the lathes Mark, i just bookmarked it ... :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).