• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

wood and corian slimline

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Ok, not really a different material, but a bit of both. Bocote and corian on a slimline art deco kit. Might change the band for a plain one, but hey ho.
was trying to go for a natural material look, wood and the stone effect of the corian blank.
Right, that's it for now. I'm going to stop posting stuff before Jim throws me out:funny:

Attachments

• IMG_20140427_232523.jpg
    IMG_20140427_232523.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 53

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yes it works wasn't sure at first but soon made up me mind love it mate well done

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I wasn't sure at first then I noticed the brown in the corrian and it suddenly seemed to come together well it did for me anyway we must be on the same ship wreck Brody LOL

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Is the lower barrel solid dorian? Like Woody, I see what appears to be some woodgrain in it? This is not some dark Brody magic, is it?

I like it!
it's solid corian yeah, only had enough for one tube, but it worked for the theme. No voodoo was used making this pen :funny: Cheers David

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
At first I didn't like it, then I didn't like it. I had another look and another look and the colours are good but would I buy it? sorry, no.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
At first I didn't like it, then I didn't like it. I had another look and another look and the colours are good but would I buy it? sorry, no.

Fair enough Paul mate, but after making 3 normal pens, my eccentric side took over the operation:wink::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Fair enough Paul mate, but after making 3 normal pens, my eccentric side took over the operation:wink::funny:

I even took into account that it was you who made it Brody which allows it extra eccentricity points and I would probably like it on your gallery shelf. There aren't any gears or barbed wire in it so whats going on? :funny:

Jim

Grand Master
I don't think the image does the pen justice to be honest, but as said, shape and finish is bangon .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I think Jim has nailed it, the image has got too much flare, I love the bottom barrel, but with the top one I am not sure.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).