• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Baron fountain pen nibs

Jim

Grand Master
err, never had the need to do this so no i can't help Alex ... :down:

trapper

Registered
I know a man who does John Sorowski lives just outside Reading UK he even MAKES the nibs i'll dig out his email details and pm you Alex

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Copied this from another forum:

I was just wondering if anyone has ever changed or replaced a nib on one of their fountain pens? I have a couple of Barron pens that I would like to go to a smaller point. Do any of you have a reference for fountain pen repair or how to replace a nib?

All it takes it unscrewing the nib that is in there and screwing in the new nib... if you are looking to really do an upgrade take a look at Anthony's solid gold nibs....

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered

Good video. The principle is simple - grasp the nib/feed between thumb and forefinger and pull out of the section. A little 'rocking' from side to side can persuade it to budge too. It's quite tight, particularly if new, so may take quite a tug. If you unscrew it the entire housing will come out of the section and you'll be no closer to getting the nib out.

One problem - some of the kit pen nibs are glued in and cannot be changed. You'll trash the section if you try to remove it! The original Jr Gent was like this, but the Jr Gent II is not. No idea about he Baron as I've never built one. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :rolling:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
i have just taken one apart use the video now dose any one know were to get the nibs

trapper

Registered
I have changed nibs in My fountain pens. Normally I have found that all ia required is to grip the nib with apair of soft nose pliers and pull out should come the nib along with the feed iTs then fairly simple to replace the new nib and original feed by gently puching it back into the section. Some pens have ascrew in feed which screws into the section it seems this needs to be unscrewed first and the nib will drop out. All of the fountain pens I have made or experimented with are of the push fit variety. the pull outs are also the usual type for caligraphy sticks that I make quite alot off for local art groups.

Jim

Grand Master
BR, if it's SOLID gold you want, try this guy: The Golden Nib. Timberbits nibs are plated steel, but this guys stuff is actually solid gold. That's reflected in the price, but since you thought £5k for a lathe was cheap I'm sure that's no problem! :whistling:

They certainly ain't cheap David ... :goesred:

Alex, why are you wanting to put gold nibs into the baron pen, is this for an order or something you just want to do? :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).