• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Making A Celtic Cross Using The Bandsaw

Jim

Grand Master
There are many ways to make Celtic Crosses, this is how i do mine when using the bandsaw ... :bwink:

Just to add that when making my cuts i do not go all the way through the blank, i leave about 2mm of the blank uncut ... :thumbs:

Attachments

• Making A Celtic Cross Using The Bandsaw.pdf
    535.9 KB · Views: 76

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Thanks for this, Jim! Just for my tired brain: Four cuts in total? All at a 45 degree angle and all starting at the same distance from the end of the blank? And the cut order is: cut 1, rotate blank 180 degrees, cut 2, rotate blank back 90 degrees, cut 3, rotate blank 180 degrees, cut 4? (Obviously veneering each kerf before making the next cut.)

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for this, Jim! Just for my tired brain: Four cuts in total? All at a 45 degree angle and all starting at the same distance from the end of the blank? And the cut order is: cut 1, rotate blank 180 degrees, cut 2, rotate blank back 90 degrees, cut 3, rotate blank 180 degrees, cut 4? (Obviously veneering each kerf before making the next cut.)

That's exactly how it is David, thanks for adding this .. A tutorial should be easy to follow ... :whistling: Sorry, i am having a real bad day ... :goesred:

I have just got the skipping rope out, preparing for round two tomorrow ... :ciggrin:

Jim

Grand Master
Aha! I think picture 2 is missing, which might explain BR's and my confusion! Sorry Jim, the reward for hard work is more hard work ...

:thumbs:

Can it get worse lol, re-uploaded the PDF with the image now in... Sorrrryyyyyy guys ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I can smell alcohol on you mate. :goesred:

Well it sounds as if you have, i just read what you have been up to in the shed thread. :funny: I guess we all have those days mate. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Jim I have just seen this. If you are going to Birstall to see Yorkie on the 1st I could come over on that day and kill 2 birds with one stone!!!
What do you think?
Regards
Terry

That would be a good call Terry ... :ciggrin:

We will arrange something for this date ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).